Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Perfect Sunday evening

After worshipping at the dearest place on earth, we came home to do a few things to prepare for our evening activity. We packed dinner and headed to Jerusalem Mill, an historic village located in Harford County, Maryland to hear one of our favorite performers of Celtic, folk, and traditional hymns; Charlie Zahm. I first heard of him through Franklin Springs Family Media. I purchased some DVD's for Christmas gifts and decided by the description of Charlie Zahm's music, this would be a perfect gift for my husband, who's Irish and loves traditional hymns, and folk music. We've been watching his schedule and waiting for him to come to a venue close enough for us to attend.

Here are photos of the performance along with fiddle player Tad Marks whose a local man living very close to us. Yes, Tad does look like Tevye, and he even broke out in a short note or two of If I Were a Rich Man when it was mentioned.
My favorite daughter, don't worry she's the only one I have, came along and enjoyed the picnic dinner and music while working on her Psych. homework.

I worked on my granny squares while listening.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: